Here is the REAL deal: being pregnant is NOT easy! Yeah, I know. You probably heard this from all pregnant women but the truth of the matter is “IT IS so TRUE!” There are so many things a SINGLE woman (or a GUY for that matter) should understand. No, don’t get me wrong~~ I ain’t complaining about being pregnant but here are some things some girls should know:
1. The first 3 months are like crazy. When I had my little Jari, everything seems normal. I wasn’t weak compared to my pregnancy now. There were times when I just want to stop eating because I don’t want to feel what comes after~~ it is like doing 100 somersaults after eating a full meal. The worst part is, you want to vomit but you can’t. The food is like stuck in your throat for an hour or so.
2. NOT all preggy women CRAVE certain food. Thank God I am not one of those who look for specific food or my hubby would go nuts! Some women crave because they feel that they can’t function well without eating it and some just fake it so that that they can see how far hubbies would go just to please them.=)
3. It is TRUE that most pregnant women can’t stand the smell of certain odor. When I got pregnant with my first, I didn’t like the smell of newly cooked rice nor my hubby’s then shampoo CLEAR. I had to ask him to shift to another brand…the thing is, that was the only shampoo suited for him. Unfortunately for him, he can’t resort back to it because I still get dizzy when I smell CLEAR shampoo. Hahah. Blame it on the hormones…not me! Now with my pregnancy, I do not mind smelling anything…except for brewed coffee (which I got addicted to when I wasn’t pregnant) and CLEAR shampoo. Hahah.
4. Some pregnant women feel depressed or insecure with their body changes. I noticed the difference because when I was pregnant with Jari, I didn’t feel any insecurities. I was probably excited that I felt pretty and was always blooming. Now, I feel like I bloated, my nose is like 3x bigger, my face is huge, my fats are everywhere, my hubby probably finds me unattractive…yeah yeah…you get the gist. I know it is all crazy and nonsense but still I feel it once in a while. Thank God I have families and friends who tell me positive stuff when I complain which really really HELPED and HELPS! I didn’t and don’t ask any compliment, I just sometimes want to feel secure.
5. Carrying the unborn child for nine months is really tough. At times, you can’t sleep because you can’t find a position that would temporarily relieve you of back pains or heartburn. When you get up, you have to turn left or right so that you will feel comfortable and come 8th/9th month, you just want to lie down all the time because of the baby’s weight.
6. Finally, delivering the baby is the most challenging (whether CS, breech or normal delivery!) You need all the prayers and assurance you can get. It helps to have someone really close to you to be with you..the hubby would be the perfect person inside the delivery room. It is because the ONLY thing you can actually hear while you are shouting and screaming is the voice of your OB or your husband’s (or for some their mom, sister or anyone close to them).
With all those mentioned above, being pregnant is still and will always be the BEST experience for a woman~~~ in her entire LIFE. YES. Contrary to what I said and what people have said, there is nothing comparable to the feeling of being a MOM. It is like all those worries, complaints and feelings vanish once that little tiny life is in your hands. The feeling of joy becomes triple when you see your hubby holding your angel or your parents shushing your angel’s cry. It is like all the sacrifices you made in life were returned to you 100x better and that you would feel attractive all over again.
Personally, I can’t ask for anything more in my life. I am now 5 month pregnant and yes, I still complain once in a while BUT as I have said, I would rather feel ALL those things because once the baby’s out, inshaallah, I will BECOME yet another BLISSFUL PERSON.